19.5.14

Reasons to love Jonah Hill



Jonah Hill has been one of my main man crushes for a while now, and this is why:

1. He's a sweetheart
He's a really sweet, nice, cheery guy. Who doesn't love that?


2. He's dedicated to his job



Jonah admits he wasn't paid a lot for being in The Wolf of Wall Street, but for him it's not all about the money. Hill said working with Martin Scorsese was payment enough. In fact he'd sell his car, house, anything to work for Scorsese.

On the set of Wolf of Wall Street, Jonah said he wanted to eat a live goldfish as he felt he was not going 'all out' like the other actors. Bless. Thank god PETA intervened though.


3. He's humble
"I was not expecting this" he says on his oscar nomination for Wolf of Wall Street
"Will you win the oscar?" Stern asks.
"No, no"
"Who will win?"
"Honestly, I don't know, Howard! I was asleep! I was not thinking this would happen."

"I assume everything I do in life is going to be a failure, and then if it turns up roses, then I'm psyched."

4. His comic timing is perfect

5. He's charming




6. He's a great friend

7. He doesn't let the fame go to his head

Jonah doesn't sweat the small stuff!
8. He loves his mum

"You have a good relationship with your mom, don't you?"

"Oh yeh definitely. She hung out on set when it was really depressing [...] I felt the weakest I've ever felt and I hit her up [...] and she came out and it ended up being this really beautiful thing. We spent all day everyday together. We're both really loud, and centre of attention kind of people and butted heads all the time. But I love her, she's my mom. She's the best!"

9. He has a good head and makes wise choices.. generally.
Hill on his younger years: "I was pretty responsible... more just your opinions are stupid at that age."
He turned down being in the Hangover movies/ franchise because he decided Cyrus was a better choice in terms of developing his acting versatility.

"I got to be in a fucking Martin Scorsese film."


10. He's talented
He has written for Sacha Baron Cohen, Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen AND has proved his versatility over the years as not just a comedic actor. He's adapted to more dramatic roles, first in Cyrus (Duplass, 2010) alongside John C. Reilly, then later with Moneyball alongside Brad Pitt (Bennett Miller, 2011) and recently Wolf of Wall Street, alongside Leonardo Dicaprio (Scorsese, 2013). It's not surprising since he studied acting at NYU, even if it was only for two semesters, dropping out once he landed his first movie role. You could say his film lessons started once he landed his first movie role, having the opportunities to learn from Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen on set and in the writers room.



Basically, I love Jonah, and you should too.



No comments:

Post a Comment